The event will run on select nights from Nov. 8 through Dec. 21 and will not be covered under regular park admission.
Guests must purchase special tickets to the four-hour festivities, which offer shorter lines to 20 select attractions, lots of holiday fanfare and a special fireworks show, “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks.”
Tickets for Disney Very Merriest After Hours go on sale in August. Guests who stay at select Disney Resort hotels will be able to book sooner.
Not so scary after all:After-hours Halloween events return to Disney World, Disneyland this year
Here’s what else to expect at Disney World this holiday season, according to Disney Parks.
- Main Street USA will be all decked out for the holidays.
- On most nights, Cinderella Castle will be lit up with a mix of festive projections and Beacons of Magic lighting celebrating Disney World’s 50th anniversary.
- The EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays will return Nov. 26 through Dec. 30.
- Guests will be able to try seasonal treats from across the globe at Holiday Kitchens around World Showcase.
Back with a bang:Fireworks return to Magic Kingdom and Epcot after 16-month hiatus
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Hollywood Tower will be transformed into the Hollywood Holiday Tower with festive projections inspired by “Frozen,” “Toy Story,” “Mickey’s Christmas Carol” and the Muppets.
- Santa Claus will come to town in a motorcade down Hollywood Boulevard.
- Minnie Mouse and friends including Santa Goofy will host holiday meals at Hollywood & Vine in seasonal attire.
- “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” will feature a special finale.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- A special holiday edition of Tree of Awakenings will take place most nights.
- A flotilla of Disney characters will float down Discovery River to seasonal tunes.
Jungle Cruise redo:Disneyland unveils updated ride removing racially insensitive depictions
- The Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll returns with new additions celebrating Disney World’s 50th anniversary, the “World’s Most Magical Celebration.”
- Guest will experience a “snowfall” in Town Center.
- Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar will be transformed into Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar with a seasonal menu.
There will be special holiday dishes and merchandise available across the entire resort.