It’s a conundrum: Nearly half of today’s organizations consider the interview the most important part of the candidate experience, yet their interview processes are lengthy, confusing, and inefficient. Usually, they have not rethought their processes in years, and their offers are being declined at ever-growing rates.
Yello has identified six signs that indicate it’s time to reassess your current process:
- Lack of Standardization: The same process is not being followed across the organization.
- Trouble Securing Timely Feedback: It takes too much time to chase down interviewers, and their comments are often unhelpful.
- Lengthy Hiring Cycles: Top candidates wind up going elsewhere, dropping out, or not showing up.
- Candidates Are Confused: They don’t understand what the next steps are following an interview.
- Interviewers Express Dismay: There is too much internal stress over the process.
- Setting Up Interviews Is Time-Consuming: Your team is reluctant to participate in what they view as an unwieldy process.
What is the way forward? Turning to new technology to make your hiring process consistent and efficient. Today’s automation solutions can help you schedule more efficiently, enhance the candidate experience, save on travel expenses, simplify feedback, and improve hiring decisions. Let’s review some of the highlights of a technologically enabled interview process:
The back-and-forth of interview scheduling is a major pain point for organizations and candidates alike. Everyone appreciates when you automate the process to allow for tracking, flexibility, and last-minute changes. The best solutions will:
• Sync with Gmail and Outlook calendars.
• Personalize invitations, reminders, and confirmations.
• Enable candidates to self-schedule interviews.
• Easily handle rescheduling and cancellations.
COVID-19 pushed virtual interviewing to the forefront, and its advantages have proven themselves to the point that 80 percent of recruiters expect to continue using virtual interviews going forward. What’s more, there are multiple ways this technology is being put to use:
• Prerecorded interviews where candidates can answer a set of questions at any time — ideal for initial screening.
• Live video interviews that can be just as spontaneous and revealing as in-person conversations. Just look at TV talk shows to confirm this fact!
• Live group interviews, which candidates find comfortable and convenient.
Because video interviews can be accessed from anywhere, they expand your candidate sourcing activities across geographic borders, letting you talk to candidates wherever they are most at ease.
Pre- and Post-Interview Feedback
An important corollary to virtual interviews is the ability to obtain fresh, immediate feedback. With an automated process, both candidates and interviewers can receive follow-up and evaluation requests as soon as interviews are completed. Recruiters can even automate follow-up reminders to ensure all evaluation forms are completed promptly.
You don’t want your candidates to feel ignored during the recruitment process, and automation can help keep them in the loop. Choose a solution that allows for personalized email campaigns, interactive texting, and other digital communication that will keep your opportunities and employer brand top of mind.
Now is the time to fix your broken interview process and achieve greater hiring success. Whatever the size of your organization — whether a single location or global network — the technology you can use is readily available. Best of all, it’s an investment that rapidly pays you back by attracting top candidates while saving you time and money.
Take the stress out of scheduling to focus on providing an engaging interview experience with interview scheduling software. Set candidate meetings instantly with AI-powered recruitment tools and never risk a negative candidate experience due to back-and-forth emails or rescheduled meetings.
Recruiter.com regularly features reviews, articles, and press releases from leading businesses. This featured article may include paid promotion or affiliate links. Please make every effort to perform due diligence when selecting products and services for your business or investment needs and compare information from a variety of sources. Use this article for general and informational purposes only.